The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is seeking an experienced Welder to join the team on the Central Interceptor Project.
The Central Interceptor is the largest wastewater tunnel in New Zealand. It is 13km long, 4.5m in width and height and it will be constructed between Western Springs and the Mangere Wastewater Treatment Plant – by us!
What you will be doing:
- Interpret job orders, blueprints or other drawings
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Operate angle grinders
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Test and Inspect welded surfaces
- Repair machinery and other components
- General Fittings
The successful Candidate will have:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MIG)
- Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Good communication and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and safety aware
- Construct Safe Level 1 is ideal but not essential - we will provide this training!
If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide reaching benefits for Auckland and the community then we want to hear from you.
Please apply via this link: https://www.gajv.co.nz/jobs/875349-welder?promotion=157401-trackable-share-link-work-the-seasons
Joy Business Academy does more than just provide job opportunities. It’s our mission to bridge the skills gap by providing online courses that give you the skills you need. We work with learners, employers and businesses to unleash everyone's full potential out into the community.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell Auckland 1052