The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is seeking an experienced Carpenters/Hammer hands to join the team on the Central Interceptor Project.
Reporting to the Foreman you will assist with the day to day construction activities for the Central Interceptor Project.
What you will be doing:
- Perform a variety of construction activities such as site establishments, putting up hording, building chambers and foot path reinstatement - Ensure the site is always in a safe and tidy condition and wastage is minimised
- Check that duties are completed efficiently in order to meet or exceed requirements
- Keeping the Foreman/Supervisor informed of construction status/challenges
The successful candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of carpentry experience
- Experience working on civil infrastructure projects
- Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Good communication skills and ‘can do’ attitude
- Safety aware Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and follow instructions
- Construct Safe Level 1 is ideal but not essential - we will provide this training!
The Central Interceptor is New Zealand’s largest ever Wastewater Project consisting of close to 20km of tunnels, more than 17 shafts, a major pump station and substantial wastewater management and network infrastructure works.
The project is located in Auckland. If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide reaching benefits for Auckland and the community then we want to hear from you.
Please apply via this link: https://www.gajv.co.nz/jobs/771013-carpenters-hammer-hands?promotion=157400-trackable-share-link-work-the-seasons
Joy Business Academy does more than just provide job opportunities. It’s our mission to bridge the skills gap by providing online courses that give you the skills you need. We work with learners, employers and businesses to unleash everyone's full potential out into the community.
79 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell Auckland 1052