The role will involve working with a picking crew, generating and printing bin cards electronically, monitoring pickers’ work methods, inspecting the picked fruit for defects against a grade standard and recording the results in our orchard management system. It involves long days often on your feet, so a reasonable level of fitness is required.
Training will be provided but the ideal candidate will:
• Have previous experience in horticulture and fruit grading
• Hold a current NZ drivers licence and have reliable transport
• Be flexible and prepared to work weekends
• Be reliable and honest
• Show attention to detail
• Be able to work well with a wide range of personalities and nationalities.
• Be a NZ resident or have valid working holiday visa