Your "office" has the best view on the mountain! The Grooming Department gets to build and maintain the mountain's playground - what more could you want? These positions involve the operation of snow groomers and/or excavators to build Mt Ruapehu's Terrain Parks, groom the slopes, create trails and shift snow around the mountain. Prior experience of operating snow groomers is essential for these roles. A high level of communication skills and safety awareness is necessary. Working at Mt Ruapehu, you'll be surrounded by like-minded people who are flexible, willing to have a crack where needed, work hard and then ski/ride even harder! Everyone here shares a passion for the mountain and the surrounding region because of the endless possibilities for adventure. Whether it's because you love nature, the truly unique world heritage area, or the obvious draw card of skiing/riding the volcano, there are opportunities for real fun at every turn.
The Day to Day
Hours worked in the Groomer Operator position are predominantly at night. Mt Ruapehu currently operates Pisten Bully snow groomers.
* Create and maintain the slopes, trails and terrain park
* Construct Terrain Park features that are inventive, appealing and diverse, using approved materials
* Liaise with relevant managers on parks' location, safety features and design prior to construction
* Operate snow movement machinery, i.e. Digger, snow trailer, in accordance with the Grooming manual
* Provide assistance to your fellow team members around the mountain at all time
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Along with your commitments to exceptional guest service and construction of a quality product, other skills and qualities a successful groomer operator will have are:
* At least two years' experience operating snow groomers and must be familiar with and competent in undertaking machinery maintenance requirements, e.g. grease, hydraulic oil Winch-Cat Operators need at three years' experience operating winch cats
* Ability to share technical information with other technical or non-technical people in a manner that is quickly understandable Ability to build effective working relationships with a wide range of people
* A tolerance for uncertain market and weather conditions (particularly the weather conditions!)
* A flexible approach to rosters, customer needs and the direction of the organisation
You'll also need to share a set of values that helps make us who we are. So if you: have a commitment to being excellent; are prepared to have a crack; are happily immersed in an environment where everyone looks out for each other and loves the customer - we'd love to hear what you can bring to the team.